Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MWHmilford
Reel Rookie

Never got past software update

Had problems getting it to boot up at first but it finally did. Set up network, went through software update and hasn’t done anything since.  Reset several times…changed hdmi input… nothing. No response at all. White light is on so I know I have power. Tried 2 different hdmi cables also. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Never got past software update

Can you try another TV?  You might want to try a factory reset and start all over.  You don't give the model number of your Roku device, but the procedure's pretty much the same on every one.  Locate the reset button that may be a button on the bottom or edge of a stick or located behind a pinhole requiring a paperclip or something similar to depress.  With the power connected press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds.  If you still don't get any response it's time to return it.

How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MWHmilford
Reel Rookie

Re: Never got past software update

Thanks for the response. I tried everything in the help topics etc and Did the reset button…held it in for at least 40 seconds or more.  No response at all.  
I already have my RMA and will be returning it. This is my 3rd or 4th Roku but the first one that gave me a problem. 
thanks again 

0 Kudos