Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yyz

I have 4 Roku 4k sticks in my house. Can I watch a Roku show today on my phone at home?

Jump to solution

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have 4 Roku 4k sticks in my house. Can I watch a Roku show today on my phone at home?

Jump to solution

Depends what you mean by "a Roku show".

The official Roku Remote app for Android and iOS can display content from The Roku Channel only.  It may not be able to display premium content you have subscribed to via Roku and normally watch on your actual Roku device via The Roku Channel

Programming on the dedicated channel apps found in your Roku home screen channel grid can be watched on your phone if that streaming service has its own dedicated app you can install on your phone and log into using your credentials with that service.  If it is a service that requires a "tv provider" account, you will need to log into it with your tv provider credentials, just like you do on your Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have 4 Roku 4k sticks in my house. Can I watch a Roku show today on my phone at home?

Jump to solution

Depends what you mean by "a Roku show".

The official Roku Remote app for Android and iOS can display content from The Roku Channel only.  It may not be able to display premium content you have subscribed to via Roku and normally watch on your actual Roku device via The Roku Channel

Programming on the dedicated channel apps found in your Roku home screen channel grid can be watched on your phone if that streaming service has its own dedicated app you can install on your phone and log into using your credentials with that service.  If it is a service that requires a "tv provider" account, you will need to log into it with your tv provider credentials, just like you do on your Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.