Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtoro
Reel Rookie

I connected Roku Stick to another TV using HDMI 2

I connected my Roku Stick to another TV using HDMI 2. TV is connected to wifi router via ethernet cable. HDMI 2 shows a green checkmark and an on/off icon but Roku, which is turned on, is not seen. Do I have to unlink (Remove Device) linked to my Roku account? Please help!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I connected Roku Stick to another TV using HDMI 2.

@mtoro, no, don't unlink your device.  Wi-Fi, remote, batteries, account issues, and anything else network related have absolutely nothing to do with getting something to display on your TV.  If you're trying to use the TV's USB port for power, try the supplied power adapter or one from a phone or tablet.  Make sure you're selecting the proper input on your TV and make sure the stick is fully inserted.  Try a different HDMI input.  If you have another device that uses HDMI like a Blu-ray player or cable box try it on the same input to ensure it's not the TV that's malfunctioning.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mtoro
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your reply. Supplied power adapter is connected to multi-plug; input selected on TV is correct (it shows HDMI 2 when it’s on 2 and HDMI 3 when it’s on 3); stick is fully inserted; tried both available HDMI ports. I also unplugged everything from wall outlet and plugged everything back. Unfortunately no luck.

The only other device is a Tivo connected to HDMI 1. I had this stick installed on another TV and it worked perfectly.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Have you verified that the HDMI 2 input is working by moving the Tivo to HDMI 2?  Does the stick work on the original TV?  If so, try changing the "Display type" under Settings to 720p and then move it back to the "new" TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mtoro
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your help. Yes, Tivo works on HDMI 2. I also tried the HDMI 3. Stick worked perfectly on my old TV, a 12 y/o Samsung. Will try changing display type setting to 720p. BTW, the "new" TV is my sister's  old Samsung with a few apps.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.