Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AYipperz
Reel Rookie

Re: How to exit Roku back to cable??

Cogeco cable boxes don't all have HDMI output so you have to use a coaxial cable. The coaxial cable icon for cable tv has never worked from the home menu. Roku has always directed me to use Live TV for my Hisense tv. This worked until last night. Now the live tv is just streaming stuff I don't want, the 2 cable box HDMI inputs don't work and same with the cable coaxial input.

El99
Reel Rookie

We are having the same issue since late last night!

Tatou1269

Yes mine too I can’t access my regular cable ! This is Bs !!!! 

0 Kudos
El99
Reel Rookie

We are able to access our cable television channels now, so it seems to be fixed for us.

0 Kudos
Lal1
Reel Rookie

Mine still isn't fixed. I am getting very pissed. I called and they said they are aware of the problem and they are working on it. I pay for cable and can't watch it because of their stupid roku lineup. 

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lal1,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community! 
If you're having trouble viewing your OTA channels, we suggest restarting your Roku TV. This is a quick fix that works for most users. To restart your TV, simply go to the Settings menu, then navigate to Home > Settings > System > Power > Restart.

Please keep us posted. on what it goes!

Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AYipperz
Reel Rookie

For those who still don't have cable back working I figured out how to fix it. 

Go to the HOME screen > Settings > TV Inputs > Live TV > Scan for antenna channels > Start finding channels > I have an antenna, search for channels > Yes, channels 3 & 4 are needed.

It will cycle through taking a few minutes and will probably tell you only 2 channels were found. But if you start punching in your cable channels they will appear on the screen. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
mydoctor
Reel Rookie

I was having zero luck with all the responses here and on other sites for a very similar question: How to get out of Roku streaming, when I could not get any input options available to work. In my case, connecting to the cable channels. I haven't figured out why it stopped working, but I did find a free and simple solution.

On my cell phone I downloaded the Roku app and followed pretty simple instructions. I connected the cell app to the Roku devices in my home. Then I was able to display all of my TV's input options on the Roku home screen and select my choice from my phone. It also displayed all other input options for the TV, like DVD and antennae. So hopefully it will work for satellite too.

Good luck.

0 Kudos