Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jello31

Connecting a Vizio soundar to current setup with Roku Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Stick model 3800x connected to my tv. I want Connect a Vizio sound bar with Vizio tv

I already connected the hdmi cables from body bar to tv.  Make note this is not a Roku tv.  I have Roku stick streaming on my Vizio tv. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have a Roku stick model 3800x connected to my tv. I want Connect a Vizio sound bar with Vizio

Jump to solution

In general, there are multiple ways to connect a soundbar to a TV.  It's not really a Roku issue.  The short answer is to connect the soundbar to the TV's HDMI-(e)ARC port if the TV and soundbar support it and the Stick to one of the other TV HDMI inputs.

Without ARC, see this post for my explanation for someone with Samsung products.  It may not apply to your soundbar and TV, but it gives you some idea of how these things can connect.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-setup/Ruko-streaming-stick-setup-with-Samsung-tv-and-soundbar-usi...

If you want to provide the model numbers of your TV and soundbar, I'll look them up for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Jello31

Re: I have a Roku stick model 3800x connected to my tv. I want Connect a Vizio sound bar with Vizio

Jump to solution

Correction I connected hdmi from sound bar to tv. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

In general, there are multiple ways to connect a soundbar to a TV.  It's not really a Roku issue.  The short answer is to connect the soundbar to the TV's HDMI-(e)ARC port if the TV and soundbar support it and the Stick to one of the other TV HDMI inputs.

Without ARC, see this post for my explanation for someone with Samsung products.  It may not apply to your soundbar and TV, but it gives you some idea of how these things can connect.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-setup/Ruko-streaming-stick-setup-with-Samsung-tv-and-soundbar-usi...

If you want to provide the model numbers of your TV and soundbar, I'll look them up for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.