Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodrigo_1

Cable not connecting to my Roku TV

I've made various intents to connect my cable box to my Ruko TV. However, when I try connecting my cable the TV displays "No signal (Is your cable connected?)". I properly connected my cable box to the TV and my cable has always been functioning properly. I've even tried connecting my Ruko TV to another cable box in another room but had no luck. I want to know what I can do to connect to Ruko TV to my cable.

#RukoTV

#Cable

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cable not connecting to my Roku TV

How are you attempting to connect it? Via HDMI?

How did you connect it to your previous TV?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_1

I don't have a wire to connect my cable box to an HDMI input however I've connected the cable box through the Antenna/Cable input which is how I connected it on my old TV. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Rodrigo_1 wrote:

I don't have a wire to connect my cable box to an HDMI input however I've connected the cable box through the Antenna/Cable input which is how I connected it on my old TV. 

Cable boxes connected that way must be accessed via the Antenna/Live TV option on the Roku TV.  The cable box likely has its output on either channel 3 or 4, so you have to set the TV tuner to display the proper channel.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
renojim

And to add... if that cable box has an HDMI output do yourself a favor and get an HDMI cable to connect it to your TV.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mblanding
Reel Rookie

Through a wireless connection

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@mblanding wrote:

Through a wireless connection

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying is the problem. Please describe the issue you're having with cable not being able to connect to your Roku TV.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mblanding
Reel Rookie

I have an account with spectrum, which used to be listed  on my home page in ROKU. It is no longer listed, so I cannot get to my Spectrum tv

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@mblanding wrote:

I have an account with spectrum, which used to be listed  on my home page in ROKU. It is no longer listed, so I cannot get to my Spectrum tv

So your situation is a missing app. That's not quite what this thread is about.

Regarding Spectrum, as I'm not a Spectrum customer, I'm not going to be of any help. I am aware that there is a dispute between Spectrum and Roku regarding the app. New users can't get the app, to my understanding, but existing users can get and keep it.

There are other threads about Spectrum app disappearing. One is 88 pages long. From what I'm able to understand, contacting Spectrum about the disappearance of the app can lead to them helping you get it back. I have no idea how helpful weekend support at Spectrum might be. If they aren't able to help, you might want to try again on Monday if they can't help today.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Linyet2b

I currently have my cable box connected via coaxial cable.  I can't get HD channels.  So I needed a new box with an HDMI port.  Technician came out and could NOT get TV to connect to box.  He stated it is TV port, yet my blu-ray player works on the HDMI ports.  He tried several boxes and 2 separate HDMI cables. All we got was a green screen, no sound.

0 Kudos