Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrandmaB

Re: Brand new Roku streaming stick + stuck on bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Good Afternoon,  I have a new ROKU and as of yet nothing has worked.  I have tried everything including reset.  Very frustrating!  I can give you Model & S#

Thanks. Becky

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When you reset, are you referring to a factory reset? That requires holding the reset button in for a minimum of 30 seconds, and not one second less. If that doesn't get you back to the initial new device setup, then it's defective, and should be returned for a replacement.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jaxbonney

Jump to solution

Drove myself crazy trying to fix this same problem.  Brand new Roku player was stuck on bouncing logo.  Well I saw one guy reply about trying to plug the power supply to the player, directly into wall with iPhone plug , instead of plugging it into usb on the tv for its power.  Well that worked! I believe the problem is that some tvs , especially older ones, don’t supply enough power to the Roku device via the USB port on the tv.  Try it!!  It works!!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.