Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmproud

Bluetooth headphones for private listening without app

Jump to solution

I have been able to connect new Bluetooth headphones thru the app and get them to work  

What I am trying to do is connect them for private listening without the app.  My husband isn't techie at all and another app would frustrate him.  We have several Roku Premiere and Express 4K+ devices but done see a place to connect the headphones directly in the device.  In our bedroom is the Express 4K+  

Possible?  Help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bluetooth headphones for private listening without app

Jump to solution

Some of the newer Roku devices with the latest chips now have the capability of sending audio to Bluetooth devices directly. As of November 28, 2023, Roku lists these devices as having this capability:
Roku Streambar®
Roku Streambar Pro
Roku Smart Soundbar
Roku Ultra (models 4800 and 4802)
Roku Ultra LT (model 4801)
Roku Plus Series TV
See this Roku article for details and any updates: https://support.roku.com/article/12210854415383

Rokus other than the specific Roku models mentioned in that article are not equipped to send Bluetooth and this capability cannot be added by a software update. For them you must use the Roku Remote app on a phone or tablet, and connect the Bluetooth audio device to the phone/tablet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bluetooth headphones for private listening without app

Jump to solution

Some of the newer Roku devices with the latest chips now have the capability of sending audio to Bluetooth devices directly. As of November 28, 2023, Roku lists these devices as having this capability:
Roku Streambar®
Roku Streambar Pro
Roku Smart Soundbar
Roku Ultra (models 4800 and 4802)
Roku Ultra LT (model 4801)
Roku Plus Series TV
See this Roku article for details and any updates: https://support.roku.com/article/12210854415383

Rokus other than the specific Roku models mentioned in that article are not equipped to send Bluetooth and this capability cannot be added by a software update. For them you must use the Roku Remote app on a phone or tablet, and connect the Bluetooth audio device to the phone/tablet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.