Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bee17

Are you able to set up a ROKU account without using a credit card?

Are you able to set up a ROKU account without using a credit card? I've put the stick in the back. Set up my e-mail and password in the allotted time. Then it asks for a credit card. I don't want to do this as I'm just using free stuff, etc. I didn't see an option to bypass this so I just got out of the screen. ROKU is NOT working on my TV even though I made an account with the e-mail and password.

Not finding a phone number anywhere for the ROKU people so I can ask this question.

1 REPLY 1
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Are you able to set up a ROKU account without using a credit card?

If you're sure you don't want to use a CC, you can create your account at:

https://my.roku.com/signup/nocc

Even if you go in the main way there is a small "skip this step" or something like that, that people often miss.  You can also enter a card and then remove it right after.

I'm not sure what "so I just got out of the screen" means.  If you didn't enter a number or click the appropriate skip link, and just closed a tab or similar, then I suppose it may have never gotten to the part where it sends Roku the activation.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.