Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Activation

Jump to solution

@Alice2408 

Thanks for the post.

If you are being sent an activation link through email, you will need follow the instructions in the email to activate your device. There shouldn't be a code on your screen if you are receiving an email activation.

If you are having issues accessing the link in your email, have you tried using another browser or another device to access the email, such as a computer or mobile device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GW2020

New Roku Premier not sending activation link

Jump to solution

The Roku Premiere I bought a year ago suddenly stopped being able to find my wifi. After multiple efforts to rescan and  restarting both the Ruko and my router I gave up and bought a new Roku Premier today. The good news is that it does see my wifi. The bad news is that I am stuck  in the activation process. I entered the email address for my Roku account and the tv screen says to check my inbox.  No activation link as been sent to my email. Yes, my email address is entered correctly. Yes, I checked my junk/spam folder.  Yes, I have waited over an hour for the activation link to be sent.

I have tried the process three times including once restarting the Roku player once.  

Is this fixable or do I give up on Roku entirely?

0 Kudos
GW2020

Re: New Roku Premier not sending activation link

Jump to solution

After an hour  and 45 minutes the the email finally came.  

0 Kudos
Sabrina12

Jump to solution

I’ve tried to activate my Roku SE four times with no success. Every time I get to the activation screen to receive the code for my screen to change, nothing happens. There is no number or even a customer service email so how can I get help with this issue?

0 Kudos
Ronnie158
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for your input. I have followed the link with my email for my roku acct. it goes to a page(s) to name my unit, where it will be used and channel selection and all the offers of subscriptions. That completed ok but the roku screen on the tv never changes from the first one with the message to register the device.

I have the roku app on another device and it can see my new device, says it is connected but the remote or the app cannot control the roku.. that first screen is still there.

I have done 3 factory resets.

what next? DP

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sabrina12 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can retrieve an activation code and finish activating and setting up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ronnie158 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What are you experiencing when activating your Roku device and what is happening on the screen?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ronnie158
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
RokuDanny: 1) connected device, sees my Wifi, connects I get the invite screen to register ny Express 2) entered my email address. Connected to roku acct. 3) gives me an email with the link 4) click link, goes to page asks for device, name it and roku offers. Continue 5) seems to accepts all this but the original screen never changes. 7) Did factory resets 3 or more times along the way....no change. All this on iPad. 😎 went to an iPhone, has roku app, can see my device and it says it is connected. 9) using the app or roku remote, cannot change roku screen that I got at start. 10) late last night the unit started to reset and put up the first splash screen a few times. 11) I think I even tried using my iPhone hotspot instead of Wifi. I got this unit as a gift so I don’t have a receipt. I have 2 other rokus that work fine with my Wifi, remotes and iPhone app. I have a photo from my iPhone app that shows the express units details. Suggestion? I am very fed up with this device not operating as it should and think the company Should replace it.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ronnie158 

Thanks for the information.

You stated that you accessed the email through your iPad. Have you tried accessing the email activation link (after performing another factory reset, as the activation links have a time window) through a computer to see if you are able to see a different result?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ronnie158
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny, Yes I went through the procedure using a pc to activate. The link worked ok going through to the end but while that was happening the roku reset by itself back to the first splash screen. It seems to be unstable now with numerous resets.

I do not know anything else to try with this unit, do you? DP

0 Kudos