Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dr_Z
Reel Rookie

Re: 404 when adding private channels

Jump to solution

Revisiting this.  I get the same thing on any private channel I try to add

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Dr_Z 

Roku changed the process for what used to be known as Private Channels.

The intent was for apps to be placed out to the public while the developer finished the coding to standard and submit for certification. However, many developers never completed the development and left the apps in the Private Channels area and used that as their Roku app repository. That wasn't how Roku intended it.

So, Roku has started enforcing limits to the life of non-certified apps. 120 days and then it goes away. Not per user, but for the app overall. Roku also has limited the number of users for each app. It's not more like a tightly run beta app process.

If you are part of a beta test group, let the developer know of the issue. If you simply found a code and are trying to load an app that's not in the Channel Store, be aware that it doesn't work that way, and was never supposed to work that way (though many used it that way before Roku's crackdown).

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

mi nombre es mario villalobos y yo intento agregar un canal privado con codigo intente agregar tcl channel  movies y al agregar el canal no se agrega me manda a una pagina que dice lo sentimos no se encontro la pagina la url   solicitada 404 no se encontro en este servidor  me mandan una solucion de como solucionar

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.