Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noclue666
Reel Rookie

2 Roku 4k Express, 2 different location, exact same issue.

Jump to solution

Hi all. Sorry for the lengthy subject. Basically this is going on:

-I have a Roku 4K Express upstairs and downstairs, and both were working fine an hour ago. 

Now, both Rokus flash a blue light when plugged into the wall for a few seconds than the light turns off and the Roku goes unresponsive. . I find it odd both my Rokus have stopped working at the same time, and are exhibiting the same problems. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 2 Roku 4k Express, 2 different location, exact same issue.

Jump to solution

Hi @Noclue666,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for keeping us posted about the problem you've been experiencing with your Roku streaming device. Also, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve the issue.

Many Roku streaming players require that they are connected to a wall power outlet using a power adaptor. Alternatively, some Roku streaming players, including the current generation models, can be powered from the USB port on a compatible TV.

• Note: The USB port on some TVs may be unable to power a Roku streaming player.

Furthermore, most Roku streaming players have a light on the front of the device to help you determine if your streaming player has been turned on correctly.

Visit our Support article to learn more about what to do if your Roku streaming player is not powered on.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Noclue666 

First off, make sure you are using the correct remote with the correct Roku device. (cannot just use the same remote between devices as each remote is "paired" to the device).

If you are sure you have the correct corresponding remote, then try unplugging your devices for a minute and restarting your router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Noclue666
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for the advice. Unfortunately it didn't work. On the Roku front though:

One of the Rokus started working again. 

For the one that is not working, this far I have tested it on the other tv and the Roku device itself works, I have tried a new HDMI chord, a new chord, and these are to no avail. Could it be the HDMI port on the tv? At this point, I don't even know if getti g a new Roku would help, I am betting it wouldn't as this Roku does indeed work. Anyway, any input is appreciated, and my apologies of this post was kind of confusing. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Noclue666,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for keeping us posted about the problem you've been experiencing with your Roku streaming device. Also, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve the issue.

Many Roku streaming players require that they are connected to a wall power outlet using a power adaptor. Alternatively, some Roku streaming players, including the current generation models, can be powered from the USB port on a compatible TV.

• Note: The USB port on some TVs may be unable to power a Roku streaming player.

Furthermore, most Roku streaming players have a light on the front of the device to help you determine if your streaming player has been turned on correctly.

Visit our Support article to learn more about what to do if your Roku streaming player is not powered on.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.