Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Navski

Roku (official app) android

Jump to solution

Roku app for android will not load  on Android 8.  

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku (official app) android

Jump to solution

Hi, @Navski.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that your Roku Mobile App is not running on Android 8. We're here to provide information.

Our official Roku Mobile App is designed to be compatible with Android devices running version 5.0 or later. To download the Roku mobile app for Android, you can visit the Google Play store directly on your Android device or access the online Google Play store through a web browser on your computer or mobile device.

If you're having trouble getting the Roku app to work on your Android 8 device, which is currently supported by the app, you may try to check if you downloaded the Official Roku App. Also, you may try to uninstall and then reinstall the app to see if it makes any difference. 

For more troubleshooting, check out this support article: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Navski.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that your Roku Mobile App is not running on Android 8. We're here to provide information.

Our official Roku Mobile App is designed to be compatible with Android devices running version 5.0 or later. To download the Roku mobile app for Android, you can visit the Google Play store directly on your Android device or access the online Google Play store through a web browser on your computer or mobile device.

If you're having trouble getting the Roku app to work on your Android 8 device, which is currently supported by the app, you may try to check if you downloaded the Official Roku App. Also, you may try to uninstall and then reinstall the app to see if it makes any difference. 

For more troubleshooting, check out this support article: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Me too!

The latest version of the official Roku app does load on my Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 8.

Chicken
Roku Guru

Version 11 official app won't run on my android 8

Jump to solution

I wish roku would stop forced update onto android 8.0 device, version 11 of the android app fails to run.

TYVL

0 Kudos
Chicken
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This didn't work on either of my android 8.0 devices, where do we go from here?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.