Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manc
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku iOS app causing an excessive battery drain

I just purchased a Streaming Stick 4k (3820x) to see this will resolves my battery drain issue, was delivered today and hope to set it up this evening, crossing my fingers the issue is resolved on current Roku devices.

I have so much TV to catch-up on LOL 🙂

Thanks,

0 Kudos
manc
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku iOS app causing an excessive battery drain

Sadly the Roku app draining phone battery situation persists on current Roku streaming players also 😞 , it is sadly being returned for a refund now!

But there is hope!

For anyone reading and in the same situation as me there is a an alternative, would you believe private listening can be achieved on XBOX (series S in my case) and by either plugging in your headphone's into the controller or via the MS wireless headphones, its not as slick as the Roku as you have to use the controller for in-app controls, but having watched a TV show last night I am very happy, so this is a good alternative imho and I can see myself switching to it if Roku doesnt fix this issue 😉

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.