Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrWalterGibbs
Reel Rookie

Roku for android stopped working

Is there a known issue with the Roku app on android? Mine is stuck on "finding last selected roku device" and my wife can't log in on her phone, even after clearing data and cache, then uninstalled and reinstalled and verified it's the official roku app.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku for android stopped working

Hi @DrWalterGibbs

Thanks for the post.

Can you verify which Roku mobile app you are using? In addition, have you made sure that the mobile device you are accessing the Roku mobile app is on the same wireless network as your Roku device?

It is important to ensure that the mobile device you are using to access the Roku mobile app is on the same wireless network as your Roku device. This is because the Roku app uses the Wi-Fi network to communicate with the Roku device. If the mobile device is not on the same network, it will not be able to connect to the Roku device.

For more information about how to properly install the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: How to connect the Roku® mobile app to your Roku device over Wi-Fi® | Official Roku Support.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
DrWalterGibbs
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku for android stopped working

I was confused because my phone could log in fine but not hers. I did some more troubleshooting and found that my phone was not connected to wifi but hers was. I use a pi-hole to block ads on my local network and one of the Roku domains was blocked by my pi-hole. I created a whitelist for prod.mobile.roku.com and it started working.

0 Kudos