Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hurricaito

Roku app remote only works on certain phones

Hi, I have had issues with the remote part of the roku app on my phone for a while. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. It hasn't been connecting to my phone for about 4 or so months now. During this time, it worked for my partners phone that was older than mine, and then she got an upgrade and it works for the new one too. We are both on the same wifi as the tv. When i click on the remote, it shows my tv and gives the option to connect the device but will never connect. Does only one phone connect? Its a Hisense roku tv btw 

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Matthew954

Re: Roku app remote only works on certain phones

I have the same exact issue. My partner’s phone works but mine doesn’t connect even though it’s showing as an available device. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.