Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PanThyMush
Reel Rookie

[Mobile App] Feature request: Arrow button to continuously cursor over

Im having issues with your moblie app, but im now also mad i cant email support this way is so **bleep**ing stupid.

Anyways, when i try to press and hold one of the arrow buttons, instead of scrolling like ot want it to, it only moves over once then doesnt continue, but the light on my roku tv where the power button is, just sits and flashes like im pressing a button.

I want to be able to have it scroll, because say im trying to skip back in a youtube video or movie or anything i cant use the arrow keys i know there's rewind and fast forward buttons but those just keep going and skip in large chunks which i dont want and its way too easy to over rewind or fast forward and i mean WAY TO **bleep**ING EASY

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Having app issues WHY CANT I send EMAIL YOU ROKU LIKE AHH

Have you tried uninstalling the Roku app then reinstalling it?

Are you using the Android or iOS version?   We see lots of complaints of various problems for the iOS version, but a lot fewer for the Android one.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
PanThyMush
Reel Rookie

Re: Having app issues WHY CANT I send EMAIL YOU ROKU LIKE AHH

I'm using an android i havent tried doing that yet i can try but its a sudden issue that started so didnt think of it.

I do use an IOS version when i want to use private listening because my phon3 doesnt have a headphone jack, but my apple ipad does.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: [Mobile App] Feature request: Arrow button to continuously cursor over

Hi there, @PanThyMush 

It sounds like you'd prefer that the mobile app cursor offer a press-and-hold feature to get really granular on the scrub bar on the YouTube channel, is that correct?

Do you have a physical remote that you can try with, or is this only happening when using the mobile app?

Keep in mind the majority of channels on Roku, including YouTube, are programmed and hosted by the provider -- In this case, the functionality would be on YouTube/Google to provide as we don't program how their channel interacts. But, try the physical remote, and let us know what you find. If you don't have a physical remote, shoot me a PM and we'll see what we can do.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos