Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lv3
Reel Rookie

We have Roku 2 and we are unable to find software updates. Why?

Roku 2 support needed. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: We have Roku 2 and we are unable to find software updates. Why?

@Lv3 

Both the Roku 2 model 2720 and 4210 are supported by Roku and should be receiving updates to the operating system. What is the current version you're running? And verify the model number.

Settings > System > About

Now, if it's a 2720, be aware that some apps are no longer supporting that device. To my understanding, the 4210 is still getting full app support.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Lv3
Reel Rookie

Its a Roku 2 xs model 3100x

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@Lv3 wrote:

Its a Roku 2 xs model 3100x

If it’s an XS 3100X then your Roku is outdated by now and will no longer be supported. You could probably buy a new Roku Stick (that is, if your TV has an HDMI input). ~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Lv3 

That's different. The Roku 2XS is no longer supported. Don't confuse it with a Roku 2, which is supported. Those suffices are important.

As was suggested, a newer Roku device may be the best option. Any of the current lineup will do, but the Roku Ultra is the current equivalent of the Roku 2XS. In its day, it was the top of the line set top box. Today, that is the Ultra.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."