Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reilly45
Reel Rookie

Roku 2 suddenly not working

I have a Roku 2 that had been working fine until 2 days ago and now it suddenly will not turn on or connect to the TV. I have tried power cycling it and factory resetting it, both with the same result; the white line turns on solid, then blinks, then turns off completely and when a button is pressed on the remote to try and wake it up the white like blinks rapidly but then does nothing. At no point is there a picture on the TV or does the TV register a connection to the Roku.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Roku 2 suddenly not working

@Reilly45 

There are several models called ROKU 2. Which do you have? All Roku models listed here:

https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md

Look like the newest came out in 2015. That's pretty old, You ROKU may just have died.

0 Kudos
Reilly45
Reel Rookie

It says model 4210X on the back of it.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It or its power adapter could have gone bad.  I'm not sure it's worth buying a new power adapter given its age, but if you have another one from a Roku 2 or 3 (42xx models) it might be worth trying.  I don't usually recommend a factory reset, but given that it's not working at all you don't have anything to lose.  With the power connected, press and hold the reset button with something like a paperclip for no less than 30 seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to searchpost your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.
Additional Resources
Check out our support articles for more content.