Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winkmsm

Does Roku 2 have loading problems

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 2 and it is super slow to start and sometimes it just reboots or kicks me out of the app without touching the remote.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does Roku 2 have loading problems

Jump to solution

@Winkmsm-

There have been several Roku models with "Roku 2" as part of their name.  The most recent of these was released in 2011, is no longer being supported by Roku, and can't run Roku operating software beyond version 9.1.  Current Rokus are upgrading to version 13.0.

I think it's time to retire that old clunker. A number of popular channel apps require features and capabilities added in later still-supported models. Current models have faster proccessors, more operating memory, more app storage space, can run rings around whatever old Roku 2 model you have, and are compatible with all current channel apps

I'd suggest upgrading to anything in the current product line above the budget low end Express. The Express 4K or any higher higher model is a much more capable unit, even if you don't yet have a 4K display.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does Roku 2 have loading problems

Jump to solution

@Winkmsm-

There have been several Roku models with "Roku 2" as part of their name.  The most recent of these was released in 2011, is no longer being supported by Roku, and can't run Roku operating software beyond version 9.1.  Current Rokus are upgrading to version 13.0.

I think it's time to retire that old clunker. A number of popular channel apps require features and capabilities added in later still-supported models. Current models have faster proccessors, more operating memory, more app storage space, can run rings around whatever old Roku 2 model you have, and are compatible with all current channel apps

I'd suggest upgrading to anything in the current product line above the budget low end Express. The Express 4K or any higher higher model is a much more capable unit, even if you don't yet have a 4K display.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to searchpost your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.
Additional Resources
Check out our support articles for more content.