Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mygeeka

Re: Amazon Prime Dropping Roku Support??

How do I verify that this isn’t a scam? Also how do I find out my model numbers? I have 3 streaming sticks, bought at various times. 

0 Kudos
rprdds24
Binge Watcher

To help you to continue streaming your favorite content, customers may purchase a new Roku device at a discount. Log in with your Roku account to see the offer: https://my.roku.com/upgrade/prime-exclusive-upgrade/details.

0 Kudos
jergens999
Reel Rookie

Thanks!!!!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@mygeeka wrote:

How do I verify that this isn’t a scam? ...

I fully expect that Amazon Prime Video support for those really old devices will be dropped. Again, if you read this thread, you'll see that most of those devices listed are already not supported by Roku. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, there are four in the list that Roku still supports. And, as stated elsewhere, those devices are really old and most people would recommend you replace the device anyway.

@mygeeka wrote:

... how do I find out my model numbers? I have 3 streaming sticks, bought at various times. 

Settings > System > About

If your Stick is not a 3810 Streaming Stick+ (or a 3800 Streaming Stick), I'd recommend replacing it anyway.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
jergens999
Reel Rookie

I just used the link to buy a new Roku express. They give you a one-time $20.00 discount. I am pretty happy about that! Not a scam.

0 Kudos
fishinsp
Reel Rookie

I have the 2720 also and the Roku Premiere on the discount link looks good.  I compared quite a few devices on the Roku site.

0 Kudos
fishinsp
Reel Rookie

I have the 2720 also.  The Premiere on the the link discount page looks like a good deal.  Did some comparing online and for the price you can't beat it

0 Kudos

The link didn't give me that!  I just see three of their most expensive models!  Why is it not working for me?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Personally, I don't recommend the basic Express model to anyone. For so little additional cost, you can get a Premiere (with 4K/HDR support) or the new Express 4K+, which is a vast improvement over the basic Express. With the Express 4K+, you also get a WiFi Direct voice remote. The Express and Premiere aren't dual band. The Express 4K (not the + model) doesn't come with a voice remote, but supports one, as does the Premiere. Both versions of the Express 4K are dual band WiFi. 

If you desire to place your Roku somewhere out of sight, you need the WiFi Direct remote. Only the Express 4K+ and the Ultra come with one. You can buy one for $20 and add it to a Premiere or the basic Express 4K, but that would cost more than just getting the Express 4K+ in the first place.

If your WiFi is crowded and you have lots of interference, you should really get one with dual band WiFi. That would only be the Express 4K (both versions), the Ultra or the Soundbar. The older, still available Streaming Stick also has a dual band radio and WiFi Direct remote.

Finally, if you desire a wired network connection, the Ultra is the only player that comes with one. You can also use an optional USB-network adapter on the Express 4K and Soundbar players. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
jergens999
Reel Rookie

I believe they sent the link to Amazon Prime members that use older model Rokus. They are just giving the discount one time to the Prime member to upgrade their machine. That's my theory, anyway.

0 Kudos