Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Dropping Roku Support??

Rec’d curious email from Prime stating the following: 

Amazon will no longer be supporting the Prime Video app on your Roku device (The specific models no longer supported are: 3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X, and 3420X) as of 1st November, 2021. We are continually upgrading our service and this occasionally means we can no longer support certain device models. 

Before clicking links want to investigate…thanks for your feedback. 

0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
rprdds24
Binge Watcher

Re: Amazon Prime Dropping Roku Support??

I received the same email. How do I determine which model numbers i have. I have 3 Roku's.

0 Kudos
unsavy
Reel Rookie

SO I HAVE THE 2720, CAN  I UPGRADE THRU THE TV PROMOTION OR DO I HAVE TO BUY A WHOLE NEW UNIT?

THANKS

0 Kudos
unsavy
Reel Rookie

I found mine on the bottom of the roku black box

rprdds24
Binge Watcher

Unfortunately, I didn't save any of the boxes. For the record, I have 2 Streaming Stick +'s and a Streaming  Stick.

0 Kudos
devraj50

Is the Roku Express one of the devices being dropped by amazon?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Check your model number from the Roku home page.  Menu path Settings > System > About

@devraj50 wrote:

Is the Roku Express one of the devices being dropped by amazon?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
rprdds24
Binge Watcher

Thank-you. That did it. I was fooled because it didn't look like any of the numbers mentioned. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@dmwilson316 

Those are all old ancient devices (by technology standards), the most recent one of those dating from 2014.

Roku dropped support for those devices, except for four of them, several years ago. The four Roku officially supports are old (2014 or earlier) and are devices I'd recommend retiring anyway.

If you have one of those devices, upgrade it. If you don't, don't worry about it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

jergens999
Reel Rookie

I deleted that email but now I want the link for the deal to get a discounted Roku. Does anyone have that? Or know how big of a discount it was? Thanks.

0 Kudos