Enthuz
Reel Rookie

Can't Play Spotify Audio through Roku Speakers with Roku TCL Series 6 screen off after Update 9.3.0.

My TCL Series 6 was updated to 9.3.0 and lost it's ability to play audio from Spotify with the screen off. Before the update, I could press the "*" button and choose Turn Off TV and the audio would play through the Roku Wireless Speakers. Is there a fix/workaround for this? It's a feature my family uses daily.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't Play Spotify Audio through Roku Speakers with Roku TCL Series 6 screen off after Update 9.

@Enthuz 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with the following information:
-Roku TV Brand and Model
-Serial Number
-Device ID
-OS
(these all can be found in Settings > System > About)
-Channel version and build (this can be found be selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button)

With this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't Play Spotify Audio through Roku Speakers with Roku TCL Series 6 screen off after Update 9.

@Enthuz 

Thanks for the information.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spotify support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spotify support here: https://support.spotify.com/us/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Enthuz
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos