Roku TV Ready Certification Program

Learn more about the Roku TV Ready certification program. Find answers to common questions from the community or ask your own questions to get assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredfulsome
Channel Surfer

Roku Feed Validation (JSON 2.0) Example Needed

Is there a simple, working Roku Feed Validation (JSON 2.0) example out there to look at? I have seen the documentation to create the file, but not one working example. This always frustrates me when a simple example can save tons of time (I know not one example will work for everyone).

I keep getting an error from the Roku submission validator team/autobot - "The following errors and/or warnings were encountered:
no assets downloaded"

I am not sure if my regular JSON that plays the video (working) is the same file I use with the additional info for things like PlayOption/playId, etc.
OR is this an extra file than my content file that I need to submit. 

Also, is there an actual section in the JSON with a heading called "assets"? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
kmikz
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Feed Validation (JSON 2.0) Example Needed

Has anybody found an answer to this issue? I've been in contact with Roku support for over a month and nobody can tell me how to fix my feed.

0 Kudos
MarBen

Re: Roku Feed Validation (JSON 2.0) Example Needed

Did you ever get an answer to your feed validation issue of No Assets Downloaded? I have been reaching out to ROKU and Vimeo and can not get an actual response to the question at all. 

0 Kudos