Roku TV Ready Certification Program

Learn more about the Roku TV Ready certification program. Find answers to common questions from the community or ask your own questions to get assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M3lco

New channel Published but not available in the channel store

So I finally got the email saying my channel has been published on the channel store a day ago. But when I go to search for it on the channel store (streaming channels) nothing comes up on my computer, tv, or laptop. the vanity code feature works but the point is to make the channel available to everyone. I've searched this forum for about an hour and there doesn't seem to be much clarity on this. When I created the channel through direct publisher there wasn't a private or public option. Just the option to publish. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: New channel Published but not available in the channel store

What is the name of the channel?  Did you specify the correct channel store region in the developer's portal?

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

I'm facing the same issue. My channel is published with the Developer SDK. I published my channel's 3rd version. Before I published 2 versions. and not facing any issue. My channels published have passed 36 hours but not showing on My Roku Device. It's available on the website channel Store. I have 3 different Cooper Devices. I applied Restart and Reset both the things. and the system is also up-to-date. Anything else do I need to do?

0 Kudos
Oscar7

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Roku doesn't have a fair or properly working search mechanism for the channel store.  Each category will show maybe 500 posters in a grid which rarely change.  This means newly added channels may or may not be added to the grid.  Roku claims an algorithm is used.  If this is true, then it means they're giving weight to a channel before it even has a chance to fail or succeed.  If you're not in the grid, you're possibly doomed from day 1.  What's odd, look closely and you will see a bunch of test posters under the categories from developers who didn't know what they were doing, and these dead channels are taking up space that yours could be using.  This proves to me that their development team are the lowest bidders, or the team leader can't justify paying $$ to do things better.  I don't know if it's a corporate thing to avoid paying a developer, or if they just don't care.  You can see the bugs in their search engine sometimes by typing in part of a channel's name and watching the poster suddenly appear, but the next letter you type of the channel the poster might vanish.  This wreaks of a formula possibly used to calculate the position within a database from a channel's name or part of the name, and instead of generating actual Unique IDs, shorter collision-prone values are generated.  I could be totally wrong.  However, there is absolutely no excuse for a search engine not being able to do the most basic thing ever which is to find all channels containing a keyword, minus maybe "the" and "a".  There's also no reason whatsoever that the poster grid can't be forever-scrollable to give every channel a chance to at least be seen sometimes.

Roku, DO BETTER!!

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Joe
Admin 6 days ago

Alert SDK Updates!
Roku is at it again! This time they are changing the way people add your channels!

If you go into your Roku accounts
and click on vanity codes you will get a new channel signup link!

You will also see a new code or a second code listed in your account for that channel!

If someone ask you for a code to signup to your channel or say they don't have your code you can send them the new code link!

Or do a search on google for
"Roku Store Your channel name"
example = Roku Store ondemandtv

These are the links client customers need to get people mto subscribe to your channels!

The links to add channels have changed! 

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos