Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nabeards
Visitor

Vimeo thumbnails very slow to load

Hi there,

We have noticed that, using Direct Publisher and Vimeo Pro thumbnails, the images load very slowly on the first screen. By slowly, I mean it takes anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds for the images to appear. Once in a while, I get the '?' icon indicating DP can't load the thumbnail (I assume). Additionally and oddly, some thumbnails load immediately.

This behavior was observed across four different channels (all DP), one that is fully published; as well as from two different internet providers and geographic locations.

Here is one of our thumbnail links:
https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/620908446_ ... .jpg?r=pad

All of the thumbnails load fine when I go to them in my browser on my computer. Load time is usually less than 1 second.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there any other information I could provide? Any fixes?

Thanks in advance,
nabeards
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Buhlmann
Visitor

Re: Vimeo thumbnails very slow to load

I have the exact same problem. Sometimes, I simply get a question mark or that spinning circle. Then there are other times when everything loads just fine.
0 Kudos