Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deltabravo
Channel Surfer

Vimeo Feed Status 403 Forbidden

I'm getting an error on feed status when trying to setup vimeo showcase with DP.  I can access the url in a browser/postman and the json looks valid.  Also, the settings in vimeo showcase allow "Anyone" access.  

Unable to download from feedUrl.: Exception Response code other than 200 from https://vimeo.com/showcase/6923538/feed/roku/13b3239537 for 582447.pending.en: 403 Forbidden for 582447.pending.en

It looks like the forbidden file is 582447.pending.en, but I don't see where that is referenced in the feed url.

Any Ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Vimeo Feed Status 403 Forbidden

Are you aware there are some ongoing problems with using Vimeo as a streaming host?  Take a look at some of the other posts in this forum.  Are you plagued by the same problem(s)?

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
ralphmob36
Reel Rookie

im having the same problem..it just happened suddenly ..any thoughts on why

0 Kudos
legalevo
Binge Watcher

I'm also getting the same error some one helps us.

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

It seems they may have tentatively fixed the issue, but it's not working for ingesting new feeds. There was a glitch with all Vimeo videos not showing about 2-3 weeks ago, which was fixed. I just tried updating my feed last night and now all my videos are down again.

Gets harder every day. I sent an email off to partner success. I wouldn't expect a till late in the week/maybe next week sometime. I'd suggest email partnersuccess@roku.com. I'll try and keep posted here & see if I can get clarification if we should hold off on updated feeds. Myb keeping the same feed url, just changing whats in that json file is the way to do it. I'd been always submitting a new feed each time, I feel that keeps things concise.

I'm having the same problem. I created a new channel last night, and the Vimeo feed still isn't registering. It's weird that the "refresh date" is 12/31/1969 at 6:00pm. That definitely seems like a backend problem.

Nate38
Reel Rookie

Same issue

deltabravo
Channel Surfer

I got word from partner success that " Roku is looking into what may be an ongoing issue with Vimeo feeds."

I would suggest emailing partnersuccess@roku.com with your issue.  Maybe if more report it, the priority will increase.

Nate38
Reel Rookie

I already have a response that they are looking into this issue - thanks for the heads up!

0 Kudos
freetochoose
Streaming Star

same issue here. Have been testing a new channel for the past couple weeks without and issue and today all vimeo links wouldn't register. Hopefully issue is resolved soon. I will continue to work blind until there is a solution. Glad I'm not the only one. I was going crazy all morning!