Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jzachary
Streaming Star

Updating your Feed

Just got my first channel published. The feed had errors in it, I've corrected the errors and the preview feed checks out ok. The published feed is still showing the errors. How long does it take to pickup the changes into the published feed or is there something I need to do to force a refresh?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
jzachary
Streaming Star

Re: Updating your Feed

do you manually have to go in and publish each time your feed updates? I've had trouble understanding how it actually works and what creates the need to publish a new version. 

0 Kudos
jzachary
Streaming Star

So, If my feed updates with content items, the content will show up in the channel automatically? 

What is the need for the "Update & Publish" in the Direct Publisher admin?

I'm a little confused on the intended behavior. I have a channel published, but content doesn't seem to hit it. The preview button in the admin that pops up a screenshot shows the correct content, but the preview channel link shows something different on my roku device and my published channel shows something else. I cant get my head around what's actually working or broken.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

0 Kudos
jzachary
Streaming Star

Ah, ok. That makes sense. So if the changes are only happening in my feed, it should pick them up. But changing layout style or branding etc, the stuff in the admin, that needs a publish. 

0 Kudos