Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saintor

Struggling with IPTV apps

EDIT:  I was finally able to find my way using the barcodes and registering on the web, I still wonder if there are ways to overcome this keyboard behavior.

Initial message:

I use my IPTV playlist account on many devices (windows, android, chromecast google tv), no issue.

On my ROKU, entering data for my playlist is a frustrating experience. 

I tried 5 out of the 13 available  apps and they have the same pattern of entering playlist info.

The name and the link to my playlist need to be entered.   The playlist link has like 80 characters if not more.

On my chromecast, I can use my bluetooth keyboard for entering data, again no issue.

I thought, there is a keyboard available in the Android app that serves as a remote, so it would be the same.  I assumed that I could just copy and paste my link.   

Although the keyboard works elsewhere (like searching a channel), it won't allow me to enter data in the playlist info or paste my link.   The next time-consuming option is to use screen keyboard.   The ridiculous thing here is that you can'see what character you enter there past the let's-say the 60th one.... all you see is 3-dot.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
jummpeur
Channel Surfer

Re: Struggling with IPTV apps

I'd recommend using SS IPTV, as it's a better option in my experience. Unfortunately, Roku doesn't directly support Smart IPTV or Net IPTV applications, but SS IPTV offers a more user-friendly experience and is widely compatible. You can install SS IPTV on a compatible device (such as a smart TV or media player supporting third-party applications).

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.