Roku Direct Publisher

The easiest way to create a great TV experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmattcam
Level 7

Setting up monetization

Being very new to Roku Direct Publisher channels and monetization, I'm seeking assistance about the steps, and processes needed to acquire and actually get ads for your Direct Publisher channel.

My understanding is there are video ad networks and you should be able to sign up, get an ad tag and paste that into the ad server URL spot when signing up for monetization--but I'm having difficulty getting that far due to lack of knowledge.  Searching all over the internet is not helping much as most websites are corp speak based and difficult for a newbie to follow.

Anyone experienced in the process that could help to educate me as to exactly what I need to do here?

Getting confused by ad providers, ad networks, ad exchanges, ad servers, and just not certain the best way to go about things.

Do most launch your channel without monetization to get views, or get it monetized right out of the gate?

What do I need to say/provide to a video ad network in order to get an ad tag from them?  Anything else to get it to work?

Any and all assistance appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AaronMSpelling
Level 12

Re: Setting up monetization

Hi @mmattcam 

so first your account need to be approved for monetization

after that you have 2 options 

1 . work with an agency and let them monetize your channel and pay you a fee , depending on the publisher your working with it can be bigger or smaller; usually they will require a huge amount of views and hours of played content and .. most of them don't pay in time or don't pay at all. Of course Roku itself is an option but again you need a huge amount of views and hours of content played.

2 find an ad server and build your own ad feed. There are quite a lot of providers. you can make video ads for yourself , products so on  , you can sell your ad space directly to others.  It takes a little more work but ... the profit is bigger.

I monetize all our channels from day 1 for example.

now easy , not hard ; just something new and different  , so you need to learn it.

Hope it helps to decide what and how ...

Building a TV Channel can be easy … if you have a right tools ===>> https://tv-channel.info/
0 Kudos
mmattcam
Level 7

Trying to learn it all, as much as I can.  Little behind the 8 ball at this point.

0 Kudos
AaronMSpelling
Level 12

@mmattcam  if you use skype  lets connect in a Pm and i can tell you what or how i'm doing , to much information to post it here. 

Building a TV Channel can be easy … if you have a right tools ===>> https://tv-channel.info/
0 Kudos