Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bj_barretta
Binge Watcher

Roku says channel is published but not seeing it in channel store or on my device when I search

Jump to solution

Hi, I can add my channel via the add link: https://my.roku.com/account/add/goodvibrations

But I cannot find it on the web channel store search or when I search on my device. It was only published 2.5 hours prior to this post. Does it take a while to show up in search or is there something I am not activating when I publish my channel? This is a direct publisher channel and I'm a noob to creating a channel and Roku in general so apologies in advance if I am missing anything obvious. Thanks for your attention and help! 

goodvibrationsmedia.com
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bj_barretta
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku says channel is published but not seeing it in channel store or on my device when I search

Jump to solution

Just to finish this thread for whoever discovers it trying to troubleshoot an issue with direct publishing via vimeo. You'll see all over this forum that vimeo isn't the most reliable solution so expect it to be slow and buggy and limited. My channel always had issues and partner success was very slow with responding and provided a canned copy-pasted response in their only reply to my messages. I really wanted to keep vimeo to store my videos since I already invested the money and time and didn't want an overly-technical/complicated solution. Check out ottfeed.com. I used it to easily import all my vimeo videos with metadata to my Roku channel and I could make all sorts of categories. It fixed all my issues with my channel: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/778fc1d9b6b9f08755727f397242711d/good-vibrations-uplifting-doc...

goodvibrationsmedia.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
bj_barretta
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku says channel is published but not seeing it in channel store or on my device when I search

Jump to solution

thank you @AaronMSpelling

goodvibrationsmedia.com
0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'm facing the same problem. My Channel Published with Developer SDK. It passed 60 hours to published my channel. After passed 24 hours sent a mail to partner success but no one can reply. It's Showing at Channel Store in Website. But, not showing at Roku Device Channel Store. and I was Reset and Restart both things with three devices. But no luck. Anything else should be required?. Thank you

0 Kudos
bj_barretta
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It took maybe 48 hours until my stuff showed up in the web store and device search. FWIW, I am a direct publisher (which is its own series of issues I am currently troubleshooting). It also took about 48 hours to get a response from partner success about another issue. I'm pretty new to this but learning really quickly researching forums and personal experience. Good luck!

goodvibrationsmedia.com
0 Kudos
bj_barretta
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just to finish this thread for whoever discovers it trying to troubleshoot an issue with direct publishing via vimeo. You'll see all over this forum that vimeo isn't the most reliable solution so expect it to be slow and buggy and limited. My channel always had issues and partner success was very slow with responding and provided a canned copy-pasted response in their only reply to my messages. I really wanted to keep vimeo to store my videos since I already invested the money and time and didn't want an overly-technical/complicated solution. Check out ottfeed.com. I used it to easily import all my vimeo videos with metadata to my Roku channel and I could make all sorts of categories. It fixed all my issues with my channel: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/778fc1d9b6b9f08755727f397242711d/good-vibrations-uplifting-doc...

goodvibrationsmedia.com
0 Kudos