Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jzachary
Streaming Star

Recent Changes?

Has Roku updated or changed things recently? Once again, my live feeds topped showing up. Last time it did this I had to experiment to find the work around and I've had it working great, now something evidently has changed but I have no errors and no feed back from the system or Roku to try to debug or figure out what's going on. Everything "looks fine" but it's not. 

I swear, i would gladly pay for this platform if it meant I could get actual support or answers. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Recent Changes?

Are you aware of the following Roku Partner Success post?

How can I schedule live content to appear during a certain time slot in my Direct Publisher channel?
 Pam
1 month ago Updated
Issue
Live stream does not dynamically appear in Direct Publisher channel. 

Environment
Direct Publisher 

Answer
In order to schedule the start/end time for a particular title to appear in your channel, use the validityPeriodStart (and optionally, validityPeriodEnd) fields in your Direct Publisher feed. 

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
jzachary
Streaming Star

Yes, I've always used those fields. The repeated issue is that I will have something working just fine. I change nothing on my end but Roku evidently tweaks or changes something in the system and it breaks things. There's no clear way to see why something is broken or steps to take to fix it. Right now my preview in the portal shows everything correctly, but that is not how the channel behaves on the device. I have zero errors for my feed. How am i supposed to figure out why something is not working?

0 Kudos
jzachary
Streaming Star

so???

Anybody? 

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

There have been a few posts in recent weeks regarding 'live stream' channels suddenly not working and stuff. Check the first page or two for thread titles and review their solutions.

Otherwise, the few of us who do tend to post here and check back frequently tend not to run live channels, so we really wouldn't be able to assist much in detail outside of generalities for support.

You may want to email partnersuccess@roku.com too, or post specifically your live feed and maybe we can review. I do agree with you Roku tends to make minimally announced changes (blog posts, emails under the guise of spam/marketing etc) that make a big impact on us, often at the end of the year when they go thru their updates blackout.

0 Kudos