Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donp88
Channel Surfer

RAF Ads drop

I know this is pretty much a mute point given the fact that Roku doesn't payout for the Ads you run on your channel, but it seems that my ad impression count has dropped drastically this month even though the amount of views is the same from the previous months.  Just basing this of the report I get from Roku every week.

Since basically there is absolutely no information provided on how ads work on the channel, there is no way to determine the drop so I am clueless as to why it happening.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any insight?

Thanks
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: RAF Ads drop

I don't wanna speculate onto Roku's internals, but my guess would be that they might have lost advertisers. Especially with a new year hitting. Companies who bought ad time last year may have chosen to not continue advertising on Roku for various reasons or just cut back on budgets. 
0 Kudos
donp88
Channel Surfer

"Pasnow" wrote:
I don't wanna speculate onto Roku's internals, but my guess would be that they might have lost advertisers. Especially with a new year hitting. Companies who bought ad time last year may have chosen to not continue advertising on Roku for various reasons or just cut back on budgets. 

Yeah, that is a very good possibility.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

I am preparing to add a channel using the RAF but concerned after reading a few posts I've found on the forum. 

Is it true that many people are not seeing any monies yet for running the RAF? Thank you for any insight on the topic.
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

"newchannel" wrote:
I am preparing to add a channel using the RAF but concerned after reading a few posts I've found on the forum. 

Is it true that many people are not seeing any monies yet for running the RAF? Thank you for any insight on the topic.

They are behind the schedule but they are working on it. I've got 3rd quarter of last year and hopefully with new payoff system they will catch up with that.
0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

"mosafer" wrote:
"newchannel" wrote:

They are behind the schedule but they are working on it. I've got 3rd quarter of last year and hopefully with new payoff system they will catch up with that.

Thank you for the info. I know ROKU for me has been a great group to work with. I was hoping the RAF option would be okay with payouts, otherwise, I guess a person could run up against  increased server bills and no way to recoup it.
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos
SolveLLC
Visitor

"donp88" wrote:
I know this is pretty much a mute point given the fact that Roku doesn't payout for the Ads you run on your channel, but it seems that my ad impression count has dropped drastically this month even though the amount of views is the same from the previous months.  Just basing this of the report I get from Roku every week.

Since basically there is absolutely no information provided on how ads work on the channel, there is no way to determine the drop so I am clueless as to why it happening.

Thanks

There was a major shift in how video inventory is bought in the last few months and it's a transition time for everyone.  In addition, 1st quarter is always the worst because of unallocated advertising budgets.
0 Kudos
donp88
Channel Surfer

"SolveLLC" wrote:
"donp88" wrote:

Thanks

There was a major shift in how video inventory is bought in the last few months and it's a transition time for everyone.  In addition, 1st quarter is always the worst because of unallocated advertising budgets.

Thanks for the insight.  That's pretty much what I figured and it seems that ads have picked back up.
0 Kudos