Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
missrunt
Channel Surfer

Publisher Branding Submit Form Error

Finalizing the branding on a channel being developed.  While revising the background image I started getting an error.  NOTE:  This is not an error in size or type of the image.  This error is at the bottom of the page just above the save button.  "There was an error submitting the form".

NOTE:  I created another test channel with the exact same images and attributes and it will save and submit the form without errors.

Please advise?

Thank You...
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Publisher Branding Submit Form Error

Tough to say, something tells me though that you used the term "revised the image". Did you ever upload the original, and did that one go thru?  Are you your uploading the jpg or png, not a psd or something. Also, maybe if it is a revision try changing the name, to Image2.jpg or something, just in case there's a cache issue. Things like that, otherwise just move all your files except that image into a new folder, then create and save that image there again. Or something like that, just brainstorming until you get it thru.
0 Kudos
missrunt
Channel Surfer

"37mediagroup" wrote:
Tough to say, something tells me though that you used the term "revised the image". Did you ever upload the original, and did that one go thru?  Are you your uploading the jpg or png, not a psd or something. Also, maybe if it is a revision try changing the name, to Image2.jpg or something, just in case there's a cache issue. Things like that, otherwise just move all your files except that image into a new folder, then create and save that image there again. Or something like that, just brainstorming until you get it thru.

Thanks for the reply.  Did all of the above and them some.  Even get the error when removing the background image and trying just a color.  Did you see where it will post on the new test channel but not the channel we are developing?  Makes me wonder if they stopped allowing updates while they evaluate the monetization of the channel?
Thanks again for your input!
0 Kudos
tim1607
Visitor

Hi Missrunt,

I have had times when setting up a channel where it gets stuck in kind of a cached status.  It's like no matter what you do it doesn't take any changes. What I have done is to use a new json file for the URL , force it to accept that one, then change it back to the one that you are making changes on. 
I know it sounds like a long way around it, but sometimes by making a drastic change when you go back to what should work it does.
0 Kudos
missrunt
Channel Surfer

"tim1607" wrote:
Hi Missrunt,

I have had times when setting up a channel where it gets stuck in kind of a cached status.  It's like no matter what you do it doesn't take any changes. What I have done is to use a new json file for the URL , force it to accept that one, then change it back to the one that you are making changes on. 
I know it sounds like a long way around it, but sometimes by making a drastic change when you go back to what should work it does.

Thank for the input Tim!  I'll give that a try in the morning.  That's about the only trick I have no tried yet.  Did you have this problem with direct publisher?  I'll let you know how it goes.
Thank you!

UPDATE:  I tried the suggested and switched the feed urls back and forth, but I'm still getting the submit error on the BRANDING page.  Even on 2 different work stations and across different browser platforms.  I'll keep searching and bugging 🙂  It may have something to do with the unpublished channel being evaluated for monetization, I don't know?

Thanks Again!
0 Kudos