Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
horrorhound
Channel Surfer

Published channel still blank after waiting multiple days (Unpublished Channel was Working Fine)

Feed1: https://roku.horrorhound.com/rokuFeed.json

Feed2: https://vimeo.com/showcase/7040336/feed/roku/566a3bcb03

I've had multiple people test the published version of my channels and both are blank.   I've been working on 2 Direct Publisher apps and they were both working fine while Unpublished...  Now that I've published them; neither are showing any content.

Is there another step I need to complete?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Published channel still blank after waiting multiple days (Unpublished Channel was Working Fine)

I'm not sure if it's related, but, if you submitted the channel today, it may take until Tuesday for an update.  I think this because I submitted a support request to Partner Success and received an email saying that support was not available due to the memorial day holiday. They stated they would get back to me later. You may be subject to the same circumstances. Roku should have informed us before today, but, as usual they didn't.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
RedRoad
Streaming Star

Re: Published channel still blank after waiting multiple days (Unpublished Channel was Working Fine)

I have had a channel forever with no problems with adding videos. Now it will show them in the unpublished channel but not in published for like 4 days.

0 Kudos
horrorhound
Channel Surfer

Ok, so it maybe not me... I'll give it a few more days to see if things clear up.

0 Kudos
nverecords

I uploaded videos as well 2 days ago. It normally takes 3-4 hours and its up. does anyone know what's going on?

0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

Same here. Looks like Roku did not push updates to the viewers. At the back end, everything looks fine, feeds are digesting perfectly and no problem but no update for devices.

Contacted the desk but they are on a loooong holiday. 😞

0 Kudos
bj_barretta
Binge Watcher

Hi @horrorhound, I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure out a solution? Thanks in advance!

goodvibrationsmedia.com
0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

@bj_barretta,  I'm also having the same issue. Did you find out a solution? Thanks you.

0 Kudos
bj_barretta
Binge Watcher

I just had to wait 24 hours or so, although my channel didn't publish correctly. Old categories from an older unpublished version show up, which I am troubleshooting now. So, technically I did get all my videos from my feed populated in the channel. They just don't show up correctly.  

goodvibrationsmedia.com
0 Kudos
sattun
Roku Guru

Hi,

Make sure you select "custom" in the categories section on the Roku developer site, since your JSON feed does not have categories in it.

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 4.40.03 PM.png

OTTfeed: Lease a custom Roku SDK for $99/month go to https://OTTfeed.com/lease
0 Kudos