After reading many posts on this forum, and, experiencing similar problems with a DP channel, I decided to email Partner Success. I had read about a potential firmware update that was supposed to fix DP channel errors, so, I reported my problems with a private test channel and received the following reply:
Thank you for reaching out. The FW bug should be fixed last week, but please try the instructions below:
In order for these changes to take effect, please complete the following:
Navigate to Manage My Channels > Preview and Update for the affected channel(s).
Go to any page in the Preview and Publish dropdown (e.g. Properties, Feed URL, Branding, etc) and click the Save button at the bottom of the selected page.
Go to the Preview and Publish page and click Update.
Wait 3-4 hours for the changes to ingest.
Repeat Steps 1-4 for any of the affected channels.
Your channel(s) should now be updated to reflect your latest feed version.
If you encounter any issues after completing the steps above and waiting the allotted time, we often recommend waiting a total of 24 hours. If after that time period you are still not seeing the issue resolve itself, please do not hesitate to contact Partner Success.
I followed the above instructions and cannot validate that the procedures actually work. I'm currently waiting for my channel to update. I decided to post this becasue it does not apepar that Roku has taken it upon themselves to inform the many DP channel develoeprs of this situation. Hopefully, these steps will save someone else some stress.
FREE Windows desktop software for creating BIF (Trick Play), Direct Publisher (MRSS, JSON), and FireTV feeds @ https://github.com/rrirower. No programming knowledge required.