Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Possible Resolution for strange DP channel errors

Jump to solution

After reading many posts on this forum, and, experiencing similar problems with a DP channel, I decided to email Partner Success.  I had read about a potential firmware update that was supposed to fix DP channel errors, so, I reported my problems with a private test channel and received the following reply:

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. The FW bug should be fixed last week, but please try the instructions below:

In order for these changes to take effect, please complete the following:

1. Navigate to Manage My Channels > Preview and Update for the affected channel(s).
  2. Go to any page in the Preview and Publish dropdown (e.g. Properties, Feed URL, Branding, etc) and click the Save button at the bottom of the selected page.
  3. Go to the Preview and Publish page and click Update.
  4. Wait 3-4 hours for the changes to ingest.
  5. Repeat Steps 1-4 for any of the affected channels.
  6. Your channel(s) should now be updated to reflect your latest feed version.

If you encounter any issues after completing the steps above and waiting the allotted time, we often recommend waiting a total of 24 hours. If after that time period you are still not seeing the issue resolve itself, please do not hesitate to contact Partner Success.

Best,
Jen

I followed the above instructions and cannot validate that the procedures actually work.  I'm currently waiting for my channel to update.  I decided to post this becasue it does not apepar that Roku has taken it upon themselves to inform the many DP channel develoeprs of this situation.  Hopefully, these steps will save someone else some stress.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Possible Resolution for strange DP channel errors

Jump to solution

Update: I can confirm that the above steps do clear up problems I was having on my DP test channel.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Update: I can confirm that the above steps do clear up problems I was having on my DP test channel.

bj_barretta
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for this. I am trying the suggested fix but not seeing the "Update" button. Am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 5.32.54 PM.png

goodvibrationsmedia.com
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Those steps were written before Roku changed its channel update methodology. It should work the same if you click the button to schedule the publishing of your channel.

0 Kudos
bj_barretta
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you! Does this likely mean my channel won't update with videos until: "Wednesday, January 6, 2021 10:00 AM Pacific Time" according to the response I received after I hit publish? Thanks again!

goodvibrationsmedia.com
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I would assume that's correct.