Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomgriner
Visitor

Re: No Idea What I'm Doing

So, I have finally tackled the Json file challenge.  My file didn't work though for the first week of my experience. It had a couple of items in the top of the code that threw it off. After comparing and contrasting it with a file that worked I saw the error of my ways. So, I think Baradanikto software for generating Json files is the ticket. He also includes closed caption which I want to add but will have to learn how or purchase his product. I tried the WP Smart Tv program but could not get it to perform. Also, there needs to be some instruction on how to host a Json file and thumbnails. After much work I was able to do it using Amazon S3 with Cloudfront. So, no need for any other hosting company but Amazon... I think. On another note, I believe Youtubers will be coming over to Roku and other OTT's in droves. Whoever makes the pathway easy and accessible will win the prize. Now that I see the Roku path, I am looking for Apply TV. I tried JW Player but they are skinny on documentation. Three days of getting no where. Anyway, just some thoughts. So grateful for all the good input on this forum.
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

"tomgriner" wrote:
 I tried the WP Smart Tv program but could not get it to perform.

Just curious, why did you not open a support ticket?   I'm always available to help figure out what isn't working.   We're powering about 80 sites now, so any thing I can do to help, please let me know.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

"mkammes" wrote:
Downloaded the demo, and I see the fields for BIF and CC.  Impressive!  And yes, an import function would be phenomenal (perhaps reading an existing JSON feed).

or the old xml files and convert to current json files..

Personally I think trying to stuff all the content (2500+ videos) into one xml or json file is possible not it just seems so clunky.. I wish I knew brightscript well enough to write my own player that could read directly from sql or access..
http://www.TVByDemand.com
tomgriner
Visitor

"rovidx_media" wrote:
"tomgriner" wrote:
 I tried the WP Smart Tv program but could not get it to perform.

Just curious, why did you not open a support ticket?   I'm always available to help figure out what isn't working.   We're powering about 80 sites now, so any thing I can do to help, please let me know.

You are right, I didn't reach out and should have. I guess I was just a little hasty. You concept is really awesome. I will revisit it now that I know a little more about the process. Thanks for your product and for reaching out. Tom
0 Kudos