Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiniFlyxtv
Channel Surfer

My Ads are not running

Hello,

I started my channel and checked "Monetized" however, I have yet to see any commercial show on my channel.  It's been over a month now.  Did I miss a step?
Tre Williams
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
tim1607
Visitor

Re: My Ads are not running

Hi,
Ads won't just automatically run, unless you have several thousand hours of viewing time per month.  There is a minimum number of hours the people have to view your channel before advertising will be started.  I think that it is several thousand hours of monthly viewing before ads start to run. 
Have you contacted the Roku folks to find out what that threshold number of hours might be?
There are several Roku folks who post in this forum, they might be able to answer this for you.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I don't think there is a requirement for viewership hours before ads run. You have the option to use Roku or a third party for your ads. With either one, it takes a few days before ads will appear. And, there's no guarantee that an ad will run during a requested ad break. Most of us use third party ad providers because they are more reliable.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
MiniFlyxtv
Channel Surfer

"tim1607" wrote:
Hi,
Ads won't just automatically run, unless you have several thousand hours of viewing time per month.  There is a minimum number of hours the people have to view your channel before advertising will be started.  I think that it is several thousand hours of monthly viewing before ads start to run. 
Have you contacted the Roku folks to find out what that threshold number of hours might be?
There are several Roku folks who post in this forum, they might be able to answer this for you.

Ok That makes sense.
Tre Williams
0 Kudos
MiniFlyxtv
Channel Surfer

"Baradanikto" wrote:
I don't think there is a requirement for viewership hours before ads run.  You have the option to use Roku or a third party for your ads. With either one, it takes a few days before ads will appear. And, there's no guarantee that an ad will run during a requested ad break.  Most of us use third party ad providers because they are more reliable.

I am going with a company called Vidillion.  Any advise on this company.  They charge such a high startup.  $500.  Do you have a 3rd party you recommend?
Tre Williams
0 Kudos
tim1607
Visitor

"Baradanikto" wrote:
I don't think there is a requirement for viewership hours before ads run.  You have the option to use Roku or a third party for your ads. With either one, it takes a few days before ads will appear. And, there's no guarantee that an ad will run during a requested ad break.  Most of us use third party ad providers because they are more reliable.

The only reason I had said that was when I put up my first channel I asked a Roku rep about running the ads.  I was told that Roku doesn't start advertising until there are over 12,000 hours of viewing in a single month. I may have been misinformed or a year ago the information was different.
Thanks Baradanikto for clarifying. Maybe now I can get some ads running. 
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

MiniFlyxTv, if you're paying someone to run your ads, you shouldn't be.  There are lots of ad providers that share the revenue with you.  There's no need for you to pay for that service.  Some of those companies monitor this forum.  If they see your post, I'm sure they will contact you.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

"tim1607" wrote:
"Baradanikto" wrote:

The only reason I had said that was when I put up my first channel I asked a Roku rep about running the ads.  I was told that Roku doesn't start advertising until there are over 12,000 hours of viewing in a single month. I may have been misinformed or a year ago the information was different.
Thanks Baradanikto for clarifying. Maybe now I can get some ads running. 

I recall something like that, but I think that refers to payout. So they won't pay your first Quarter until you've reached $50 or something, which may be 12,000 ads or something. Had trouble with RAF anyway, not sure why they don't support it very well. OP sent you a PM
0 Kudos