Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
podworx
Streaming Star

Is this possible? {feed update question}

Hello, all.

The length of time between who often Roku checks our feed for any updates is pretty significant.  Is there a way to force/ping Roku to say, "Hey Roku, there's new content available. . .come get it!"?

Thanks,

-- Scott

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Is this possible? {feed update question}

This should work. If you change the name of the feed file each time you update the file, Roku will be forced to read it since the new name is not cached. Some developers use a naming scheme by adding some suffix onto the name of the file thus making the file "new".
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
podworx
Streaming Star

Interesting. How would I do this if the feed file name and path are fixed by the application I use?

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Without knowing the application and how you post your feed file, I could only speculate.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos