Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5 REPLIES 5
thegauntlet
Visitor

Re: Free video hosting with JSON creation for ROKU

Just saw that they added a howto host with them for roku at https://vidxstream.com/roku.php

I have now been using them for hosting a little over 1 week and no issues. No more FTPing videos to my server or creating thumbnails either. This site is great for simplifying roku feeds. https://vidxstream.com
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Just curious... Are you, in any way, affiliated with the service you keep promoting?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
thegauntlet
Visitor

"Baradanikto" wrote:
Just curious... Are you, in any way, affiliated with the service you keep promoting?

No, just using them for my video hosting.
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

The only problem I see is that claim rights to stream your content and use in other ways they see fight and have no agreement on revenue sharing in place (though they promise one in the near future). but the rights fact is disturbing. assuming most people are creating thier own content or some other way inesting in creating the content, if you get a big hit on your hands they retain full rights to put it in movie theaters, make sequels and pass rights to other entities without sharing a nickel with the originator of the content.

Thats just plain wrong... very Youtubish... and frankly I do not trust or give benefit of doubt when it comes to money and corporations.. maybe the rights deal is just an oversite on thier part or maybe they are just hoping for that one multimillion dollar box office hit to come thier way.. at the very east they can hold the content hostage from being bought by other producers etc without a payout to them...
http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos
DeanLach
Roku Guru

"mitchstein" wrote:
The only problem I see is that claim rights to stream your content and use in other ways they see fight and have no agreement on revenue sharing in place (though they promise one in the near future). but the rights fact is disturbing. assuming most people are creating thier own content or some other way inesting in creating the content, if you get a big hit on your hands they retain full rights to put it in movie theaters, make sequels and pass rights to other entities without sharing a nickel with the originator of the content.

Thats just plain wrong... very Youtubish... and frankly I do not trust or give benefit of doubt when it comes to money and corporations.. maybe the rights deal is just an oversite on thier part or maybe they are just hoping for that one multimillion dollar box office hit to come thier way.. at the very east they can hold the content hostage from being bought by other producers etc without a payout to them...

Excellent work mitch.  Thank you.  I wondered how they could afford to do this w/o having a clear Rev Share agreement.  Oh bye the way, I've noticed that several Ad Serving co's are offering their (Vast-Tag) services for DP publishers, and guess what?  They just happen to publish their own Channels too...and this really reeeeeks of conflict of interest.  Not to sound negative here...but perhaps this hosting co has the same agenda?
Cut that Cable!
0 Kudos