Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedRoad
Streaming Star

Re: Feed Suddenly went down

@avodahsoftware I am same boat. I got this back from them

'Thank you for getting back in touch!  I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you! We're experiencing a high demand for support at the moment.

I'm really sorry for the confusion caused here.

The direct video links that we provide are not meant to expire. However, these links will redirect to expiring direct video links when accessed by a browser. For security purposes, a unique token is appended to the end of the redirect URL. Each time you click on the original direct video link, a new direct video link should be shown, with a new token.

When sharing direct links, we always recommend double-checking that the link begins with https://player.vimeo.com/external/ as opposed to https://fpdl.vimeocdn.com/ or https://gcs-vimeo.akamaized.net. When pasting a direct link into another application, you’ll want to make sure that the original direct link stays in tact. If the fpdl.vimeocdn or gcs-vimeo.akamized.net link is shared and opened in a browser after the active time has elapsed, an error message will appear. The player.vimeo/external URL will automatically transfer viewers to an active link and will never expire.

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions, I will be happy to help.

Sincerely,
Rachel M.
Community Support Associate

0 Kudos
Trigold
Binge Watcher

THX @avodahsoftware!  I checked my links and the correct link is being used.  https://player.vimeo.com/external/

Vimeo responded yesterday at 10 AM they were working on it.  Sent follow up email to vimeo, no response yet.  

0 Kudos
chucka84
Binge Watcher

Someone posted in one of the other threads that they use the same Vimeo links in their Amazon App and in a SDK channel and it is functioning normally, and the only problem they are having is with Direct Publisher not ingesting the feed (so they believe it is a Direct Publisher issue)

0 Kudos
Trigold
Binge Watcher

My friend who also has a Direct Publisher Channel and uses Vimeo feeds said that his channel is working fine.  So it seems to be selective Direct Publisher issues with Vimeo.  My feeds are still not working, including the ones that were working before.  Same response:  url unreachable.

Roku and Vimeo have not responded since Monday.  

0 Kudos
RedRoad
Streaming Star

Anybody hearing anything?

0 Kudos
Trigold
Binge Watcher

Nothing helpful from Vimeo or Roku.  Just their canned response that they are "working on it".  The Customer Service Rep at Roku did combine the 4 tickets I submitted.  Not that anything was solved. 

I am moving files to pcloud for the short term, and hoping that will work.  I was told to be sure to upload to the Public Folder in pcloud and to use the direct link.  Now waiting for Roku to update the Feed Status.  Wish me luck!

0 Kudos
avodahsoftware
Binge Watcher

It's only on new channels that I am trying to get published so that people can start using it. I have other channels that are already "published" via Roku and the channel is working just fine. And, yes, I'm using the player.vimeo.com URL provided by the Vimeo API.

It is Roku that is throwing the error on the Feed Status for the unpublished channel. My channel that is already published is throwing an error too on Feed Status, but when you load the channel it works just fine. 

This is super frustrating and I have seen no response on Roku on them fixing this or some sort of workaround where I can actually publish the channel. I've got paying clients that are waiting and I can't deliver. This is super frustrating and I know Roku and Vimeo are pointing fingers at each other but it would be nice if Roku would come up with work around to let the feed status show OK so we could publish the channel. As I have stated, my other channel throws errors but since its published I can go to the app and watch the videos hosted by Vimeo just fine. 

Please help Roku because we aren't getting anywhere with Vimeo.

0 Kudos
RedRoad
Streaming Star

Anyone had any luck?

0 Kudos
chucka84
Binge Watcher

Nothing...same problem and no further contact from Roku or Vimeo.  My channel is still working and showing the last feed it successfully ingested but it wont ingest anything now.

0 Kudos
luiznicolau
Binge Watcher

I just received this message:

Hello,

Vimeo believes to have found the issue to the Direct Publisher feed error issues. In fact, we're already seeing many feeds successfully ingesting for previously-published channels. Feel free to check on-device and in the Developer Dashboard (under Feed Status) to see if your content is appearing successfully. 

We will update you once Vimeo has officially confirmed the fix on their end. We hope to do so in the next day or two. 

Thank you for your continued patience as we work with Vimeo to resolve these feed errors. 

Best,
Pam