Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdeveloper
Visitor

Feed Not Autoingesting Anymore

When I published my channel the feed was being automaticlly reingested (~every 6 hours) and that worked for about a month. Now it's completely stopped and I don't know why. There was no notification that it stopped, nor was there any error messages... 

Any thoughts? 
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mosafer
Roku Guru

Re: Feed Not Autoingesting Anymore

Same here. I have the same problem. I need to publish my channel with every json update.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I use AWS to store my json feed.  About two days ago, I updated the feed using the same name, and, it went live, as expected, after 6 hours.

Could there be a problem with your feed?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
jsonnentag
Streaming Star

Something similar happened to my channel a while ago (a couple months) and interacting with support I found out that when they installed my channel automatic feed updates were working fine.

The only thing I could think of to do was UNINSTALL the channel, reboot the Roku device, and REINSTALL the channel again.  That actually worked!

So I then had to make an instructional video to put at the top of my channel listing telling people with the channel already installed to do that same uninstall, reboot, and reinstall if they found the feed wasn't being updated anymore. . . .
0 Kudos