Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rplatte
Visitor

HLS streaming not working on Direct Publisher channel

Hi all. I've been setting up a direct publisher channel with Instant TV Channel and S3 over the past week, and it's been going swimmingly, but I'm wanting to switch some of the larger videos to HLS streams to avoid issues on slower connections. I'm hosting the m3u8 playlists on S3/Cloudfront,  and they play fine in the browser and VLC, but when I put the link in ITVC, the video loads halfway and then "ends" on the Roku. As far as I know, I'm following all necessary step. Any advice? 
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
OddScott
Roku Guru

Re: HLS streaming not working on Direct Publisher channel

Instant TV Channel simply puts the stream URL that you provide into an XML feed that Roku uses, it doesn't attempt to tweak it or re-encode it. If the stream doesn't play properly there are no "adjustments" that can be made other than adjusting the Instant TV Channel StreamFormat parameter (which should be set to "hls" in this case). Using the Developer SDK publishing method instead of Direct Publisher may produce different/better results. If you would like to contact me at help@InstantTvChannel.com I can try to provide further assistance.
www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos