Roku Direct Publisher

The easiest way to create a great TV experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Direct published a channel via Vimeo Showcase; no videos are showing up on my Roku channel

Hi, 

When I previewed my channel from my Vimeo Showcase feed using the preview link all my videos were in my channel. When my channel went live today, I added it on another Roku device and there are no videos. The URL feed status on my dashboard has a green checkmark and it says all 28 of my videos were ingested. Is this a situation where since my channel is new, I have to wait for it to populate? In between testing my channel and it going live, I did add new videos to my Vimeo showcase and refreshed the feed. Could that have gummed anything up? Thank you!

This is my channel:  https://my.roku.com/account/add/goodvibrations

goodvibrationsmedia.com
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 12

Re: Direct published a channel via Vimeo Showcase; no videos are showing up on my Roku channel

unfortunately using Vimeo as feed provider for your channel is not the best option. if you look at other posts you'll see that almost everyone using Vimeo feed has issues. if you really want to be in control of your content use a proper feed builder. you can find some free software's , some premium software's .... so,me easier to use some not really but still better option then Vimeo Showcase.

Building a TV Channel can be easy … if you have a right tools ===>> https://tv-channel.info/
0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: Direct published a channel via Vimeo Showcase; no videos are showing up on my Roku channel

Thanks again for your prompt replay @AaronMSpelling!

Since I did the work in Vimeo already, do you know if there are there any intermediary feed builders that will reference/import/ingest my vimeo library so I don't have to start from scratch? 

Thanks!

goodvibrationsmedia.com
0 Kudos
Level 12

from what i know you cannot "import" or "ingest" the whole content from your vimeo account , and you dont really want that.

every feed builder will need a video hosting for the video content , and a lot of developers are using vimeo pro  for that. 

the big difference will be that using a feed builder you will be able to use your videos where you want in the order you want  , you will be able to create categories  , sort your videos , so on .......

Building a TV Channel can be easy … if you have a right tools ===>> https://tv-channel.info/
0 Kudos
Level 8

Quick update for those who come across this thread trying to diagnose a similar problem:

I saw on a Reddit thread that sometimes it takes a while for videos to show up in a new Vimeo showcase direct publish channel. Overnight the channel populated with videos. But what was finally published was an older version of the channel with multiple categories (I learned during my development of my channel that Vimeo Showcase only allows 1 category so, if you have multiple categories, they won't populate correctly). I had updated my channel (or so I thought) with just one category and that's what I saw when I tested the channel and channel preview link. 

I republished the channel, which is set to be released 10am PST tomorrow. I'm hopeful the update will fix the category issue. 

If you are a Vimeo showcase direct publisher and run into issues, please reach out - hopefully by then I would have solved the issues plaguing my channel. Hopefully now that I got my feet wet, when I have more time I can dig in a little more with a better feed builder and create a more robust channel.

goodvibrationsmedia.com