Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badseed
Binge Watcher

Re: Direct Publisher Monetization Problems

I also tried to monetize my DP channel but roku has a terrible support for developers. I have about 2K viewers per day. I haven't got any stats for my ads at all. I emailed them multiple times and they told me that they would set up reports which will be emailed to me. But of course nothing happened. So i disabled ads. Is there any alternative ad networks that i can test?

With this kind of developer support Roku will fail soon or later. Even the developer website has so many problems. I don't understand how they became so popular at all.
mmattcam
Streaming Star

@JRBarons 

I am trying to start up a Roku Channel and saw that you might be able to assist with monetization (seems ROKU no longer provides ads)--if that's still the case I'd be interested in discussing.

0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

Nothing but problems!!

I setup preroll and an ad every 15 minutes..

We get pre roll sometimes and never the every 15 minutes..
They only support pre roll on live 24/7 channels.
The DP Roku Police check you DP channel for content availability whenever they feel like and remove the listings of any resource not available at the precise time they check, and then never put the content back unless you republish.. We had a problem where our msu8 file was unavailable 3 days agao for just around an hour at 3am... That was when they checked for it, so they removed the title from our DP, two days later I found out because complaints starting coming when we went to broadcast a live event that is very popular..

ONLY on roku did it not go through..

as far as the ad program, it's a nice idea, but I do not see it as profitable ever, whereas on firetv and chrome we are bringing in revenue big time, maybe 100 bucks from roku every month or so in the beginning then maybe ever y3 months or so now if we are lucky..

I also noticed that our growth on the other platforms is 10x's the growthrate on roku and we have been on roku for 3 years longer then the others, our audiences on the others is easily 10x's what it is here. and we don't even advertise the others.

http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos

Let me know if you are looking to sell your channels or need help with monetization. I'll be happy to help!

0 Kudos
mmattcam
Streaming Star

@juliarocking-not interested in selling, but would be interested in hearing about monetization you might offer.

0 Kudos
Zei2021
Binge Watcher

Hey,

Can you send me step by step instructions on how to create my own DP Channel and whether you use Vimeo or Amazon s3 as your hosting?  I'm also having trouble creating a Media RSS Feed for my feed URL (getting multiple errors) so any instructions there would be very helpful as well?

Thx!

Zei

0 Kudos
sattun
Roku Guru

@Zei2021 

If you are looking for a robust solution to manage your content feed for Roku Direct Publisher, then I would recommend our OTTfeed.com platform, it was designed to bridge the gap between Vimeo PRo and Roku Direct Publisher.

DM me for more info or go to https://ottfeed.com and request a demo.

Cheers,

OTTfeed: Lease a custom Roku SDK for $99/month go to https://OTTfeed.com/lease
0 Kudos