Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnary
Streaming Star

Can't Add New Content to Channel

Currently I have two unpublished channels I use for testing. I'm wanting to publish one of them by the end of the month, but neither one will update with new content. I can edit the current content, but when I upload a new json file, new videos will not show up on the channel.

I've reached out to Partner Success and all they tell me is there is a bug and they don't know when it will be fixed.

Has anyone else encountered this or have any advice for getting the channels to display new videos?  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Conspyre
Streaming Star

Re: Can't Add New Content to Channel

😂 No.

I could list half a dozen other P1 bugs that prevent the platform from being usable at all for me. I was never able to see any media on device whatsoever until I published & once you do I have noticed that by deleting and re-adding the channel on device, I got different results from when the channel published - but doing so simply revealed a different set of problems for me. You might try deleting & re-adding.

I do know that this system excessively caches your JSON so when you hit ingest, what you think it is ingesting, it is not and there is I believe a six hour waiting period for that cache to be invalidated when you're in the unpublished state.

But they said it's their bug, so... Maybe try prayer, or a sacrificial offering, depending on your persuasion, IMO not much else seems like it's going to help here.