Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Updates published immediately or does Roku review first?

Regarding Your channel is published. If you make any changes, you can preview the changes on a Roku Device first before publishing an update.

1. If I make any type of change, then preview and publish it, does it update immediately or does it go through a brief review period with Roku?

2. If I update my Json file on my server, do I need to update Feed Url or Feed Status or anything else for it to take effect? 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
jrichmond27
Channel Surfer

Re: Are Updates published immediately or does Roku review first?

1. Sorry, I don't know about publishing updates. I've actually wondered the same thing. My first channel is still under review for being published the first time.

2. If you change the URL of your JSON file, then you'll have to update the Feed URL. If you're just updating the contents of your JSON file, then you don't need to do anything. Roku will periodically re-download your file and update your channel with any new content.
0 Kudos

Re: Are Updates published immediately or does Roku review first?

"jrichmond27" wrote:

1. Sorry, I don't know about publishing updates. I've actually wondered the same thing. My first channel is still under review for being published the first time.

2. If you change the URL of your JSON file, then you'll have to update the Feed URL. If you're just updating the contents of your JSON file, then you don't need to do anything. Roku will periodically re-download your file and update your channel with any new content.

Thanks for your reply. As you have pointed out, I have confirmed that I don't have to do anything after updating the contents of my JSON file. The updated content does appeared shortly thereafter on my channel.

I also just updated my Categories. This however requires you to Publish again which then goes into the review process again before actually being published. 
0 Kudos