Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enpointe
Channel Surfer

2 New Channels..No content!

I just created two new channels one of them runs off of JSON and one is coming off of a streamhoster feed. one of them is for a livestream only, and was working last night... And another is on demand videos. Today I open both channels and all I have is a search icon. Although last night the one with the livestream was working perfectly. Any idea what could be going on? How do I fix this?

When I go and refresh the feeds... It says one item for the livestream has been ingested... And 15 items have been ingested for the on demand channel.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Enpointe
Channel Surfer

Re: 2 New Channels..No content!

An update: I now have episodes..but no thumbnails on one channel.. one still nothing all together.

https://c.streamhoster.com/feed/WwsdfD/iNXvqnr1sQQ/m8pLtBLMsfp?format=roku

Thats the feed for the one WITH the episodes.. but no images.. any ideas?

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

There are some other posts that talk about the Json issue.  For some, it was adding a required .BIF file.  If you haven't already, you should read those posts to see if they can help.
As for the feed you posted, you should validate it against the MRSS Feed Specs.  At a minimum, make sure that your thumbnails are 800x450 (16x9 aspect ratio).
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
badseed
Binge Watcher

Probably another bug introduced by Roku. I had 40 channels couple of hours ago and now only 2 channels show up when i open the app.

mosafer
Roku Guru

New DP update bug is bigger than I was thinking. Today, I noticed that they removed "just added" category in the channel store. It's bad. 

0 Kudos
Enpointe
Channel Surfer

Okay so here's an update:

- Live stream channel works. Everything.

- VOD Channel still no thumbnails. But on the preview screen here in the Dev Area, they all display. I have no idea what to do.

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@Enpointe  Did you validate your thumbnail sizes?

@mosafer  I don't think removing "Just Added" is a bug.  If you look further, Roku is redesigning the menu layout.  I think they're trying to improve it, but, it makes finding things a bit harder.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

@Baradanikto I know, it is not a bug. I think it's a cover up for the bug. Imagine showing 40 Just added DP channels that are not working properly. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos