Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly No Roku Audio through old Plasma TV or via Airplay - did software update do this?

All of a sudden the audio stopped working when I use my Roku box that is connected to my 15 yr old Plasma TV (no sound through TV or via airplay).  TV audio is fine without Roku and the box works fine with my newer TV's.  And all my Roku boxes have this same problem with the Plasma TV.  Is this a result of a recent software update?  It just started 2 days ago.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Suddenly No Roku Audio through old Plasma TV or via Airplay - did software update do this?

You can see the software version of your Roku devices under Settings->System->About.  It's unlikely that they all updated at the same time since updates are usually rolled out over time, but they may or may not all have the same version.  Have you tried another non-Roku HDMI device with the TV like a Blu-ray player or cable box?  Trying another HDMI cable would also be something to try.  Beyond that, you could try the various options under Settings->Audio to see if any have an effect.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Suddenly No Roku Audio through old Plasma TV or via Airplay - did software update do this?

You might try playing with the roku audio settings.  For example changing it to something simple like stereo might help. (Oops I see that was already suggested.)

0 Kudos